Ben Peters, PhD
Benjamin Peters is an author, editor, and media scholar. Raised in the Midwest, educated on both coasts, and trained in Russian, he speaks and writes publicly about media from the big bang to big data.
How do media–and digital media in particular–take shape differently across different regimes of space, time, and power?
Courses related to history and theory of digital media, with emphases on the former Soviet Union and the West.
- Theories of Communication
- Communication Systems
- International Communication Association
- The Society for Social Studies of Science
- The Society for the History of Technology
- Association of Internet Researchers
- Consortium for the Science of Socio-Technical Systems
- Association for Slavic, Eastern European, & Eurasian Studies