Hema Ramsurn, PhD
Dr. Hema Ramsurn has worked with sub- and supercritical water as a liquefaction and gasification medium to depolymerize biomass to produce biofuels, biochar and syngas. She joined the Russell School of Chemical Engineering at The University of Tulsa in August, 2014. Her current research interests are biomass-derived products, bio-based materials and gas-to-liquid catalytic conversion.
Bio-based Value-added Products and their Applications
Gas to Liquid Conversions
Chemical Engineering Principles
Health and Safety
(1)NeeliS.; ShakyaR.; AdhikariS.; RamsurnH. Effect of Calcium Formate on Hydrodeoxygenation of Biomass Model Compounds. 2019, 33, 1314-1324.
(1)KunduR.; RamsurnH. Non-Catalytic Dissolution of Biochar in Hydrogen Donor Solvent. 2019.
(1)NeeliS.; RamsurnH. Synthesis and Formation Mechanism of Iron Nanoparticles in Graphitized Carbon Matrix Using Biochar from Biomass Model Compounds As a Support. 2018, 134, 480-490.
(1)RamsurnH.; GuptaR. Deoxy-Liquefaction of Switchgrass in Supercritical Water With Calcium Formate As an in-Situ Hydrogen Donor. 2013, 143, 575-583.
(1)RamsurnH.; GuptaR. Production of Biocrude from Biomass by Acidic Subcritical Water Followed by Alkaline Supercritical Water Two-Step Liquefaction. 2012, 26, 2365-2375.
(1)RamsurnH.; KumarS.; GuptaR. Enhancement of Biochar Gasification in Alkali Hydrothermal Medium by Passivation of Inorganic Components Using Ca(OH)2. 2011, 25, 2389-2398.
(1)RamsurnH.; ByrdA.; KumarS.; KongL.; GuptaR. Hydrogen Production from Catalytic Gasification of Switchgrass Biocrude in Supercritical Water. 2011, 36, 3426-3433.
(1)RamsurnH.; GuptaR. Biofuels in Air and Ground Transportation. In Green Energy and Technology; 2018; pp. 457-472.
(1)RamsurnH.; GuptaR. Transformation of Biomass. In Handbook of Combustion, Volume 3: Gaseous and Liquid fuels; Wiley-VCH, 2015; Vol. 3.
(1)RamsurnH.; GuptaR. Hydrogenation by Nanoparticles. In New and Future Developments in Catalysis. Catalysis by Nanoparticles; Elsevier, 2013.
Invited Reviewed Articles
(1)RamsurnH.; RamG. Nanotechnology in Bio and Solar Fuels. ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering Journal 2013, pp. 779-797.
- Introductory Fluid Mechanics
- Research and Dissertation
- Independent Study
- Reaction Kinetics
- Amrican Institute of Chemical Engineers
- American Society for Engineering Education
- American Chemical Society
Awards & Honors
- 2019 Most Valuable Professor
- AIChE Advisor Honor Roll
- Omega Chi Epsilon Chemical Engineering 2019 Outstanding Teacher
- 2019 Tau Beta Pi Teaching Excellence Award
- Kermit Brown Award for Teaching Excellence
- McLeod Outstanding Chemical Eng Graduate Student TA
- Second Prize in Oral Competition
- Third Prize in Poster Competition
- First Prize in Poster Competition
- Graduate Travel Award
- Outstanding Dissertation Award
- Outstanding Doctoral Student
- Tau Beta Pi 2017 Teaching Excellence Award