Mike Troilo, PhD
Troilo , M., B. Walkup, M. Abe, and S. Lee. Legal Systems and the Financing of Working Capital. International Review of Economics and Finance, 2018.
Ji , Q., Y. Fan, M. Troilo, R. Ripple, and L. Feng. China’s Natural Gas Demand Projections and Supply Capacity Analysis in 2030. Vol. 39, The Energy Journal, 2018, pp. 53-70.
Troilo, Michael, Michal Zdziarski, and J. Collins. “Competitiveness, Technology Licensing, and Ease of Paying Taxes: A 30-Country Study.” Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review 5.4 (2017): 11–34. Print.
Rodrigues, Helena et al. “Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Fairest of Them All? A Critical Content Analysis on Medical Tourism.” Tourism Management Perspectives 24.3 (2017): 16–25. Print.
Troilo, Michael, and J. Collins. “Courts and Firm Investments in Real Property.” Journal of Economic Issues 51.3 (2017): 698–720. Print.
Zdziarski, Michal et al. “Adventurous Foreign Direct Investment.” Journal of Management and Business Administration Central Europe 25.2 (2017): 117–138. Print.
Brochado, Ana, Michael Troilo, and Aditya Shah. “Airbnb Customer Experience: Evidence of Convergence across Three Countries.” Annals of Tourism Research 63 (2017): 210–212. Print.
Troilo, Michael, Denise Parris , and Jeremy Fish. “Compound Voids and Unproductive Entrepreneurship: The Rise of English Fever in China.” Journal of Economic Issues 51.1 (2017): 163–180. Print.
Troilo, Michael, and J. Collins. “Effects of National Factors on Firm Competition and Innovation: Evidence from CEE and Central Asia.” Competitiveness Review 25.4 (2015): 392–409. Print.
Abe, Masato, Michael Troilo, and Orgil Batsaikhan. “Financing SMEs in Asia and the Pacific.” Journal of Entrepreneurship and Public Policy 4.1 (2015): 2–32. Print.
Troilo , M. Adoption of Technological Innovation in a Developing Country: An Empirical Analysis of Enterprises in Lao People’s Democratic Republic. Vol. 19, Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship, 2014, pp. 1-15.
Troilo , M. Collaboration, Product Innovation, and Sales: An Empirical Study of Chinese Firms. Vol. 9, Journal of Technology Management in China, 2014, pp. 37-55.
Troilo , M., and Z. Sun. Crude Oil Price Forecasting, Recent Price Trends, and a New Theory of Modern Petroleum Market Mechanisms. Vol. 29, International Economic Cooperation, 2013, pp. 76-81.
Troilo , M. Pieniadze I Wiez (Money and Social Bond). Vol. 58, Pieniadze i Wiez (Money and Social Bond), 2013, pp. 14-22.
Troilo , M., and J. Zhang. Guanxi and Entrepreneurship in Urban China. Vol. 17, Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, 2012, pp. 315-31.
Troilo , M. Market Orientation of SMEs in Southeast Asia. Vol. 30, Copenhagen Journal of Asian Studies, 2012, pp. 53-79.
Troilo , M. Caritas in Veritate, Hybrid Firms, and Institutional Arrangements. Vol. 14, Journal of Markets & Morality, 2011, pp. 23-34.
Troilo , M. Legal Institutions and High-Growth Aspiration Entrepreneurship. Vol. 35, Economic Systems, 2011, pp. 158-75.
Troilo , M., and Z. Sun. The Role of Total Factor Productivity in China’s Economic Growth. Vol. 5, European Journal of International Management, 2011, pp. 656-65.
Troilo , M. Managing Cognitive Risk in Real Estate. Vol. 27, Journal of Property Research, 2010, pp. 269-87.
Troilo , M., and Z. Sun. The Limits of China’s Growth. Vol. 4, Chinese Management Studies, 2010, pp. 273-9.
Troilo , M. The Role of Trust for New SME Creation: Differences in Motivations and Opportunities. Vol. 11, International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, 2010, pp. 129-3.
Troilo , M., and K. Terrell. Values and Female Entrepreneurship. Vol. 2, International Journal of Gender and Entrepreneurship, 2010, pp. 260-86.
Troilo , M. Characteristics of China’s Urban Entrepreneurs. Vol. 3, International Journal of Entrepreneurial Education, 2005, pp. 9-31.
Abe , M., M. Troilo, M. Juneja, and S. Narain. Policy Guidebook for SME Development in Asia and the Pacific. United Nations Press, 2012, p. 424.
Troilo , M. “Entrepreneurship”. Encyclopedia of Global Studies, Vol. 1, Encyclopedia of Global Studies, 2012, pp. 489-93.
Troilo , M. “Legal Issues With Small Businesses”. Human Resource Management in Small Businesses: Achieving Peak Performance, Vol. 7, Human Resource Management in Small Businesses: Achieving Peak Performance, 2011, pp. 151-80.
Troilo , M. “Microenterprise Start-Up: A Comparative Study”. Contemporary Microenterprise: Concepts and Cases, Vol. 2, Contemporary Microenterprise: Concepts and Cases, 2010, pp. 9-19.
Troilo , M. The Allure of China. Vol. 80-82, A Life of Inquiry: 31 Invitations from the University of Tulsa, 2013.
Troilo , M. A New Kind of Entrepreneurship. SEVEN Fund Morality of Profit Essay Competition, 2010.
- Comparative Culture and International Business
- The World Economy
- Energy Economics
- Sustainability and Urban Development
- Topics in International Business
- Economic Concepts
- International Business Finance
- Business Finance
- International Society of New Institutional Economics
- Entrepreneurship Research Society
- United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Friends of Finance
- Academy of International Business
- Academy of Management, AOM
- Academy of Management
Awards & Honors
- William & Mary: Member of Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society
- William & Mary: Mortar Board Honor Society
- Tahija Scholarship for academic achievement and interest in Asian Studies
- Tayloe Murphy Scholarship for outstanding performance in first-year MBA coursework
- William & Mary: Member of Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- University of Michigan Rackham Fellowship
- Darden Faculty Award for Academic Excellence
- Best Reviewer Award
- CIBE Doctoral Studies Award
- Center for International Business Education Research Fellowship
- Zell Lurie Entrepreneurship Research Fellowship
- Finalist-EACES, Best Dissertation Award
- Nominee-William H. Newman Award
- International Journal of Gender and Entrepreneurship/Women in the Academy of International Business Emerging Scholar Award
- Nominee-Collins College of Business Mayo Teaching Excellence Award
- Nominee-University of Tulsa Outstanding Teaching Award
- Top 50 Essayist
- Collins College of Business Mayo Teaching Excellence Award
- Faculty Development Research Fellowship
- Collins College of Business Faculty Development Research Fellowship
- Nominee-EURAM Best Paper Award
- University of Tulsa Faculty Development Research Fellowship
- Alternate Winner-Fulbright Research Award
- Emerald Publishing Literati Network Outstanding Paper Award
- AIB-CEE Outstanding Paper Award
- Southern Management Association (SMA) Best Paper Award-Strategy Track
- AIB-CEE Warsaw University/Deloitte Best Paper in Corporate Governance Award
- TU University Fellow
- Oklahoma Center for the Humanities Board Member
- Nominee-Collins College of Business Mayo Teaching Award
- US Fulbright Scholar: Grant