Mike Troilo, PhD
TroiloM., WalkupB., AbeM., and LeeS. Legal Systems and the Financing of Working Capital. International Review of Economics and Finance, 2018.
JiQ., FanY., TroiloM., RippleR., and FengL. China’s Natural Gas Demand Projections and Supply Capacity Analysis in 2030. Vol. 39, The Energy Journal, 2018, pp. 53-70.
Troilo, Michael, Michal Zdziarski, and J. Collins. “Competitiveness, Technology Licensing, and Ease of Paying Taxes: A 30-Country Study.” Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review 5.4 (2017): 11–34. Print.
Rodrigues, Helena et al. “Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Fairest of Them All? A Critical Content Analysis on Medical Tourism.” Tourism Management Perspectives 24.3 (2017): 16–25. Print.
Troilo, Michael, and J. Collins. “Courts and Firm Investments in Real Property.” Journal of Economic Issues 51.3 (2017): 698–720. Print.
Zdziarski, Michal et al. “Adventurous Foreign Direct Investment.” Journal of Management and Business Administration Central Europe 25.2 (2017): 117–138. Print.
Brochado, Ana, Michael Troilo, and Aditya Shah. “Airbnb Customer Experience: Evidence of Convergence across Three Countries.” Annals of Tourism Research 63 (2017): 210–212. Print.
Troilo, Michael, Denise Parris , and Jeremy Fish. “Compound Voids and Unproductive Entrepreneurship: The Rise of English Fever in China.” Journal of Economic Issues 51.1 (2017): 163–180. Print.
Troilo, Michael, and J. Collins. “Effects of National Factors on Firm Competition and Innovation: Evidence from CEE and Central Asia.” Competitiveness Review 25.4 (2015): 392–409. Print.
Abe, Masato, Michael Troilo, and Orgil Batsaikhan. “Financing SMEs in Asia and the Pacific.” Journal of Entrepreneurship and Public Policy 4.1 (2015): 2–32. Print.
TroiloM. Adoption of Technological Innovation in a Developing Country: An Empirical Analysis of Enterprises in Lao People’s Democratic Republic. Vol. 19, Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship, 2014, pp. 1-15.
TroiloM. Collaboration, Product Innovation, and Sales: An Empirical Study of Chinese Firms. Vol. 9, Journal of Technology Management in China, 2014, pp. 37-55.
TroiloM., and SunZ. Crude Oil Price Forecasting, Recent Price Trends, and a New Theory of Modern Petroleum Market Mechanisms. Vol. 29, International Economic Cooperation, 2013, pp. 76-81.
TroiloM. Pieniadze I Wiez (Money and Social Bond). Vol. 58, Pieniadze i Wiez (Money and Social Bond), 2013, pp. 14-22.
TroiloM., and ZhangJ. Guanxi and Entrepreneurship in Urban China. Vol. 17, Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, 2012, pp. 315-31.
TroiloM. Market Orientation of SMEs in Southeast Asia. Vol. 30, Copenhagen Journal of Asian Studies, 2012, pp. 53-79.
TroiloM. Caritas in Veritate, Hybrid Firms, and Institutional Arrangements. Vol. 14, Journal of Markets & Morality, 2011, pp. 23-34.
TroiloM. Legal Institutions and High-Growth Aspiration Entrepreneurship. Vol. 35, Economic Systems, 2011, pp. 158-75.
TroiloM., and SunZ. The Role of Total Factor Productivity in China’s Economic Growth. Vol. 5, European Journal of International Management, 2011, pp. 656-65.
TroiloM. Managing Cognitive Risk in Real Estate. Vol. 27, Journal of Property Research, 2010, pp. 269-87.
TroiloM., and SunZ. The Limits of China’s Growth. Vol. 4, Chinese Management Studies, 2010, pp. 273-9.
TroiloM. The Role of Trust for New SME Creation: Differences in Motivations and Opportunities. Vol. 11, International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, 2010, pp. 129-3.
TroiloM., and TerrellK. Values and Female Entrepreneurship. Vol. 2, International Journal of Gender and Entrepreneurship, 2010, pp. 260-86.
TroiloM. Characteristics of China’s Urban Entrepreneurs. Vol. 3, International Journal of Entrepreneurial Education, 2005, pp. 9-31.
AbeM., TroiloM., JunejaM., and NarainS. Policy Guidebook for SME Development in Asia and the Pacific. United Nations Press, 2012, p. 424.
TroiloM. “Entrepreneurship”. Encyclopedia of Global Studies, Vol. 1, Encyclopedia of Global Studies, 2012, pp. 489-93.
TroiloM. “Legal Issues With Small Businesses”. Human Resource Management in Small Businesses: Achieving Peak Performance, Vol. 7, Human Resource Management in Small Businesses: Achieving Peak Performance, 2011, pp. 151-80.
TroiloM. “Microenterprise Start-Up: A Comparative Study”. Contemporary Microenterprise: Concepts and Cases, Vol. 2, Contemporary Microenterprise: Concepts and Cases, 2010, pp. 9-19.
TroiloM. The Allure of China. Vol. 80-82, A Life of Inquiry: 31 Invitations from the University of Tulsa, 2013.
TroiloM. A New Kind of Entrepreneurship. SEVEN Fund Morality of Profit Essay Competition, 2010.
- Energy Economics
- Sustainability and Urban Development
- Topics in International Business
- The World Economy
- Comparative Culture and International Business
- Economic Concepts
- International Business Finance
- Business Finance
- International Society of New Institutional Economics
- Entrepreneurship Research Society
- United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Friends of Finance
- Academy of International Business
- Academy of Management, AOM
- Academy of Management
Awards & Honors
- William & Mary: Member of Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society
- William & Mary: Mortar Board Honor Society
- Tahija Scholarship for academic achievement and interest in Asian Studies
- Tayloe Murphy Scholarship for outstanding performance in first-year MBA coursework
- William & Mary: Member of Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- University of Michigan Rackham Fellowship
- Darden Faculty Award for Academic Excellence
- Best Reviewer Award
- CIBE Doctoral Studies Award
- Center for International Business Education Research Fellowship
- Zell Lurie Entrepreneurship Research Fellowship
- Finalist-EACES, Best Dissertation Award
- Nominee-William H. Newman Award
- International Journal of Gender and Entrepreneurship/Women in the Academy of International Business Emerging Scholar Award
- Nominee-Collins College of Business Mayo Teaching Excellence Award
- Nominee-University of Tulsa Outstanding Teaching Award
- Top 50 Essayist
- Collins College of Business Mayo Teaching Excellence Award
- Faculty Development Research Fellowship
- Collins College of Business Faculty Development Research Fellowship
- Nominee-EURAM Best Paper Award
- University of Tulsa Faculty Development Research Fellowship
- Alternate Winner-Fulbright Research Award
- Emerald Publishing Literati Network Outstanding Paper Award
- AIB-CEE Outstanding Paper Award
- Southern Management Association (SMA) Best Paper Award-Strategy Track
- AIB-CEE Warsaw University/Deloitte Best Paper in Corporate Governance Award
- TU University Fellow
- Oklahoma Center for the Humanities Board Member
- Nominee-Collins College of Business Mayo Teaching Award
- US Fulbright Scholar: Grant