Nicole Wilkins, EdD, LAT, ATC
Dr. Nicole Wilkins proudly joins The University of Tulsa as the Coordinator of Athletic Training Clinical Education/Chapman Clinical Assistant Professor. Prior to her work at TU, she worked as a clinical athletic trainer and adjunct faculty member for 11 years at St. Edwards’s University in Austin, Texas. Dr. Wilkins graduated cum laude from the University of Texas-San Antonio where she received a Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology. She received her Masters of Science in Kinesiology from the University of Arkansas, and graduated with high honors from the University of St. Augustine with her Doctor of Education degree. Dr. Wilkins was awarded with the Outstanding Student Achievement Award-Post Professional student for her dissertation which focused on examining and developing mentoring relationships within athletic training.
While in Texas, Dr. Wilkins served as the Secretary for the Texas State Athletic Trainers’ Association (TSATA) from 2018-2019, member of the SWATA College and University Athletic Training Committee (CUATC) from 2009-2011, as well as assisted with coordinating events sponsored by the SWATA Young Professionals Committee. Recently, Dr. Wilkins has been selected as the District 5 Executive Advisor for the Student Leadership Committee and serves as the Oklahoma Athletic Trainers' Association treasurer. She is a graduate of the Leadership Academy through the NATA and is a founding board member of the Women in Athletic Training group.
Dr. Wilkins currently lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma with her husband, Chris.
Psychosocial Issues in Athletic Training, Pedagogy and Curriculum Development, Mentoring Networks & Protege Development
Rehabilitation Techniques, Psychosocial/Mental Health Issues in Athletic Training, Leadership and Advocacy
Schuyler, H.N, Seguin, B.S., Wilkins, N.A., & Ultey, J.J. (2018). Psychological aspects of athletic training. Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Psychology, p. 1-32. doi: 10.1093/acrefore/9780190236557.013.173
- Foundations of Therapeutic Intervention
- Preventative, Immediate and Emergent Care of Injury
- Prevention and Treatment of Athletic Injuries
- Supervised Practice II
- Clinical Evaluation and Therapeutic Intervention II (with Lab)
- Oklahoma Athletic Trainers’ Association
- National Academies of Practice
- Association for Athletic Training Education
- Mid-American Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Southwest Athletic Trainers’ Association
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association
Awards & Honors
- Chapman Professorship
- Outstanding Student Achievement Award-Post Professional
- Outstanding Teaching Award
- Outstanding Adjunct Faculty