Rachel Hildebrand, PhD, LAT, ATC, CBIS
Dr. Rachel Hildebrand is a Clinical Assistant Professor and serves as the Athletic Training Education Program Director at The University of Tulsa. She received her BS in Athletic Training from The University of Tulsa, her MEd in Sport Administration from Xavier University, and completed her PhD in Health, Leisure and Human Performance from Oklahoma State University. She has been a Certified Athletic Trainer since 2006. Most recently she obtained her Certified Brain Injury Specialist certification. Clinically she was a graduate assistant at Xavier University and has continued in clinical practice providing contract and pro bono health care to Oklahoma City and Tulsa area high schools. Additionally, she serves on several state, regional, and national committees. Her current area of research is in the impact of repetitive head trauma on cognition, balance, reaction time, and symptoms in athletes.
Vitamin D and Performance
Concussion/Return to Learn
Clinical Evaluation and Intervention
Jennifer Volberding PhD, A. T. C., & Rachel Hildebrand PhD, A. T. C. (2018). The Influence of Gender on Peer Assisted Learning in Athletic Training Students. Oklahoma State Medical Proceedings, 1(3).
Hildebrand, R., Volberding, J., & Carr, W. D. (2012). Examining emotional intelligence differences in athletic training undergraduates students and first-year graduate assistants. Journal of the Oklahoma Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 49(1), 47-56.
1.Hildebrand R. The Effect of Gender on Peer Tutor/Tutee Relationships.
Hildebrand, R. A., Miller, B., Warren, A., Hildebrand, D., & Smith, B. J. (2016). Compromised vitamin D status negatively affects muscular strength and power of collegiate athletes. International journal of sport nutrition and exercise metabolism, 26(6), 558-564.
- Supervised Practice IV
- Independent Study
- Pathophysiology for the Health Professional
- Foundations of Therapeutic Intervention
- Clinical Evaluation and Therapeutic Intervention III (with Lab)
- Clinical Evaluation and Therapeutic Intervention II (with Lab)
- Practicum II
- Supervised Practice III
- Clinical Evaluation and Therapeutic Intervention I (with Lab)
- National Athletic Trainers Association
- Association of Athletic Training Education
- National Academies of Practice
- Oklahoma Athletic Trainers Association
- Mid-America Athletic Trainers’ Association
Awards & Honors
- 2015-2016 Excellence in Teaching Award
- Letter from Student
- Letter from a Student
- 2018-2019 Excellence in Teaching Award
- Email from Student
- Most Valuable Professor
- 2019-2020 Excellence in Teaching Award