Suzanne Stanton, EdD
Suzanne Thompson Stanton is Department Chair for the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders and a Clinical Associate Professor. She specializes in treating adults with neurogenic communication disorders. She has been a speech-language pathologist for thirty years, providing services to patients in rehab, outpatient, and long-term acute care settings. She received her doctorate in Higher Education/Educational leadership from Oklahoma State University and a master's degree in speech-language pathology from Oklahoma State University. She has completed previous research in dysphagia, aphasia, and diverse student recruitment. Dr. Stanton is the coordinator for the Tulsa Aphasia Group, which provides support for individuals with aphasia and their families. She has also served as president and vice-president for the Oklahoma Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Aphasia, Clinical Supervision, and Recruitment of Diverse Students.
Neurogenic Communication Disorders, Clinical Practice, and Speech and Hearing Science.
Davis, L.A., & Stanton, S.T. (2005, Fall). Semantic Feature Analysis as a Functional Therapy Tool. Contemporary Issues in Communication Science and Disorders, 32, 85-92.
Davis, L.A., & Stanton, S.T. (2003, winter). Characteristics of Dysphagia in Elderly Patients Requiring Mechanical Ventilation. Dysphagia, 19 (1), 7-14.
- Clinical Externship and School Practicum
- Clinical Practicum Ii: Speech-Language Pathology
- Graduate Clinical Practicum
- Research and Paper
- Acquired Communication Disorders
- Speech and Hearing Science
- Council of State Association Presidents
- Oklahoma Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- ASHA Special Interest Group #11 Administration and Supervision
- ASHA Special Interest Group #2 Neurogenic Communication Disorders
Awards & Honors
- ACE Award for Continuing Education
- Kate Kaiser Memorial Volunteer Award
- Oxley College of Health Sciences Teaching Award Nomination
- Faculty Favorite Dinner
- Most Valuable Professor Tulsa Women’s Soccer
- Award for Continuing Education (ACE)
- Years of Service Award
- Oxley College of Health Sciences Teaching Award
- Chapman Professor
- Governor appointed Board Member for Oklahoma Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Residence Halls Leader Scholar Award
- Residence Halls Outstanding Service Award
- Outstanding Service to Patients Recognition
- Richard Mosier Leadership in Higher Education Scholarship Award
- Leonard Prince Memorial Scholarship