Tom Seng, MBA
In addition to his instructional duties as Mervin Bovaird Professor of Energy Business, Mr. Seng serves as Director of the School of Energy Economics, Policy and Commerce, with primary responsibilities for coordinating undergraduate and, graduate, programs. He has more than 30 years of experience in the oil & gas industry, primarily in the midstream sector, and 14 years of experience as an adjunct instructor for various universities. His primary expertise lies in the areas of energy markets and commodities trading, but he is well versed in industry aspects of supply chain and logistics, particularly as they apply to the midstream oil and gas sector and the power sector. Prior to joining The University of Tulsa, Mr. Seng served as Manager of Product Marketing for Superior Pipeline, Senior Director for Market Development at Atlas Pipeline Mid-Continent, Senior Director for Commercial Operations at Ozark Gas Transmission Company, West Region Director and Director of Risk Services at ONEOK Energy Services, and Midcontinent Manager at PanEnergy Trading.
Energy markets and commodities risk, solar power.
Supply Chain Management
Energy Commodities Markets
Global Oil & Gas Industry
Petroleum Refining & Petrochemical Industries
Current Issues in Energy Management
Energy Risk & Hedging
Seng , T. Energy Trading & Hedging: A Non-Technical Guide. Vol. I, PennWell, 2019, p. 230.
Seng , T. “Understanding Energy Financial Derivatives”. PennWell.
Seng , T. US Poised to Export LNG. Vol. 58, The American Oil & Gas Reporter, 2015, pp. 99-102.
- Management of the Energy Supply Chain
- Power Industry & Alternative/ Renewable Energy
- Power Industry & Alternative/Renewable E
- Energy-Related Internship
- Fundamentals of Energy Commodity Trading
- First Year Experience
- Perspectives in Energy Business
- Energy Markets and Commodities Trading
- Directed Research in Energy Business
- The Electric Utility Industry & Demand Side Management
- Practice of Land Management and Administration
- Tulsa Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Natural Gas & Energy Association of Oklahoma
- Global Association of Risk Professionals
- International Association for Energy Economics
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- United States Association for Energy Economics
Awards & Honors
- 2020 Excellence in Education Award – Nominee
- Mervin Bovaird Endowed Professor of Energy Business
- 2019 Excellence in Education Award Nominee
- 2013 Award for Excellence in Teaching Nominee
- 2016 CCB Excellence In Education Award Nominee
- 2015 Award for Excellence in Teaching Nominee
- 2017 CCB Excellence In Education Award Nominee
- Helmerich Graduate Faculty Excellence Award
- 2018 CCB Excellence In Education Award Nominee